Submit a Guest Post
OpiniOwn.com is a community publication or social blog. A platform where independent thinkers can contribute and share ideas and opinions. We strive to create a safe place for those who have something unique to say.
OpiniOwn acts as formal publishing platform which gives writers an opportunity to publish their creative work and provide unrestricted access to readers, unlike a social media network where you need to be registered member. Independent writers can thus share their content on any platform of their choice.
Read more about us here.
We Are Accepting Guest Articles
What’s something you feel that nobody else feels?
Our mission is that everyone with a unique opinion has a platform to share their voice. While today’s media suggests the world has become polarized and intolerant, we believe that the bright minds actually like to explore perspectives that are different from their own. Because what’s growth without learning unfamiliar ideas?
So if you would like to share your wisdom or perspective, we invite you to submit a guest article. Voice your opinion. Please note that we only accept 100% original articles that, ideally, draw from the author’s area of expertise. We only accept unique and exclusive articles that have not been published elsewhere (including all websites, social media platforms and personal blogs).
Please make your submissions to [email protected].
Why Get Published on OpiniOwn.com?
We know that experience is hard-earned and knowledge is priceless. In a world where fresh outlooks are often lost in a clutter of mindless “forwards” and copy-cat ideas, OpiniOwn provides a platform for sharing new thoughts and intellectual fodder. Such advice is usually lost on social media platforms where what you share is restricted to that platform.
Furthermore, being published on OpiniOwn will also help you establish your online visibility. It’ll
increase your digital footprint, and if your article is approved, it will help establish you as a subject-matter-expert in your field.
If you have an opinion or insight to share, and creating dedicated blog seems a cumbersome task, OpiniOwn is for you. OpiniOwn gives writers a free platform to publish their work, under their own name. Team OpiniOwn will co-work with writers to edit and optimize the articles, so that their voice can reach a large audience, visible on web-search and social media. Our team’s task is to improve the text & structure, add visual media to enhance the content with respect to the writer’s creative intent.
Article Guidelines for Guest Authors
Article Submission & Editing Process
We at OpiniOwn.com take pride in maintaining high quality content despite having a pool of authors
from a variety of linguistic backgrounds. While inviting guest authors is easy, please understand that in order to maintain the journalistic integrity and quality of the content on OpiniOwn.com, it takes us a lot of time and effort to select, guide and edit everything that is published here.
All submissions have to follow our submission procedure, and guest authors are encouraged to submit a
topic and/or synopsis first. We read all submissions within one week, and will contact you if your submission has been accepted.
Ideas for Niches & Sub-Genres to Write on
If you’d like to submit op-ed to OpiniOwn.com, please consider one of the following niches that we have on
- Business & Entrepreneurship
- Brands & Consumer Habits
- Culture – Cinema, Art, Music or Books
- Architecture & Travel
- Hobbies, Sports
- Lifestyle, Fashion & Luxury
- Education & Career
- Teens or Millennials
- Wellness and Mental health
- Life philosophy
- Feel free to write about a related area we may have missed out on this list.
Here are some ideas:
- Write about your personal opinions.
- Write your perspective on a current news or event.
- Share your views on society habits or media coverage of something.
- Write your analysis of a trend.
- Share your predictions for future.
- Share the things people ignore or misunderstand.
- What do you think of new things, generation or technology?
- Insights from history that people haven’t noticed before.
Article Submission Procedure for OpiniOwn.com
- Think up an idea that you’d like to write on based on the list given above.
- Do a quick search on OpiniOwn.com to make sure that your opinion isn’t something we’ve already
- Submit your article, synopsis or a topic with a few ideas on the approach you’ll take. Send this to [email protected]. We’ll email you asap if it is approved.
- Your article should be at least 400 words, and preferably between 1000-2000 words.
- We’ll edit and check the article for plagiarism and do fact-checking. Wait for it to be published.
- In the event we’d like to make certain edits to it, we’ll email you with requested changes or an edited draft.
Op-Ed Pitch Example
Wondering how to submit an article? Here’s a sample pitch:
“Dear OpiniOwn Editor, I’d like to submit my article to your website. The topic is “Why Does the World Look so Politically Polarized Today?” This article will be about how, in the age of social media, we’ve somehow evolved from politically unbiased to intensely polarized. I’ll be discussing the reason for today’s political polarization and how it affects our society.”
Article Guidelines: How to Write a Good Article for OpiniOwn
- Choose something unique to write about, which gives you a chance to express your opinion or reflect your unique knowledge.
- Choose a topic that you’re best suited to write through your experience, profession or personal background.
- Choose a topic that you feel our readers will benefit from. Or something that will add value to their lives.
- Make your article easy-to-read. Use short sentences, simple words, and subheadings where possible or necessary. Remember – we have an international reader-base including all age-groups.
- Feel free to share your personal opinions even if they are controversial.
- Make your article helpful, positive, insightful and/or educational.
- Avoid writing tips, or information that’s common knowledge. Avoid abstract subjects or vague insights.
- Feel free to make it entertaining by adding your own experiences or funny tid-bits.
- Refrain from hate speech, negativity, judgmental language or personal agenda/ads.
- We don’t accept articles that make our readers feel dumb, or spread negativity about certain groups of people.
- Link to credible sources if you’re quoting someone or something. Please make sure your argument is backed by facts that can be looked up, where necessary. However, you can use your opinions to drive a point.
- Want to give your own opinion on a topic we’ve already written about? That’s totally acceptable, as
long as your article is something completely different, and will add on to the information.
Checklist Before Submitting Your Article:
- A great way to edit an article is to read it out loud, and see if any of the sentences are a mouthful. If so, then break them up into shorter ones. Remove any phrases where you feel the information is repetitive.
- And correct grammar, where required.
- If your article is research based or on a common topic, you can check your article in one of the free
plagiarism checker tools online to make sure none of your sentences seem plagiarized.
- If you’re including any images, be sure to only include your own work or copyright-free images.
Add your photo and a short bio that we’ll include with the article. We cannot add a guest article
without an author bio.
Why you need to submit an author bio? An author bio establishes trust with the reader, making them understand who is writing this article and why their views are relevant.
By showcasing your picture, name and contact email/Twitter, readers will understand that a real and experienced person has written it. Adding the details of your academic, personal and professional background helps to add credibility to the insights you’ve shared.
Author bio can be 100-200 words long. Please add the following information in it:
1. Full Name:
2. College(s) you graduated from (for bachelors & master’s/ PhD degree) and year graduated for each?
3. Your professional profile (city of origin, education, work experience, awards, publications etc.):
4. Briefly explain your work or experience:
5. Current designation:
6. Current organization & location:
7. City and country of origin:
8. Any hobbies/extra-curricular activities you pursue?
9. Website/ blog (if any) –
10. Please attach your recent (professional) picture, contact email address / Twitter / LinkedIn profile:
What We Will Do to Edit the Article
- We may edit the title to make it more attractive.
- We’ll make structural and journalistic changes to the article to make it more understandable.
- Adding phrases or sentences to drive the point or explain it better. And we’ll remove redundant words or phrases.
- We may add examples or sources, where necessary.
- Major changes, if any, will be done in consultation with the author.
- We’ll make the article more search-friendly so people can find it easily on Google, etc. when searching for that topic.
- We’ll make sure the article stays on topic throughout, and we may remove or move unnecessary
sentences, as required.
What We Don’t Publish on OpiniOwn.com
OpiniOwn.com is not a place to advertise your product, service or company and our content is not meant to endorse such institutions. OpiniOwn is not the place to for baseless rants or spread negativity about people or events. We are also not a guidebook. Please refrain from submitting tips or how-to articles.
We don’t accept advertorials. Articles written primarily to advertise a product, company or institute will
be rejected. Please refrain from submitting articles with a biased view or those that promote a
product/service for commercial benefit. We don’t accept guest articles with external third-party links.
Copyrights for Articles Submitted to OpiniOwn
You own the rights to your work and it will be published under your name.
All submissions become the property of OpiniOwn. By submitting your work, you are granting us the Creative Commons license (CC BY 4.0) that allows us to copy, redistribute, edit, repurpose and build upon the material, as long as we credit you for the work. This license helps us to make sure we have the right to delete, move, or edit submissions, in case their content somehow become illegal or violate our policies at any point in the future.
Where to Submit Op Eds?
Send your article to [email protected].